This July 4th, as we pause to celebrate our country, we will also honor many wonderful Americans in our community at the Virginia-Highland and Morningside Independence Day parade.
Beginning at 11:00 AM, we’ll line Lanier Boulevard to socialize and celebrate. Parade marchers will include civil servants, school children and local businesses.
There will be a bike/stoller decorating contest (which takes place at 10:30 at the corner of Lanier and Los Angeles).
After the parade, join us for the block party which will be at the intersection of Lanier and McLynn. We will have DJ Willy Wow, a bounce house, food trucks, and the fire truck.
All parade proceeds will benefit local schools, including Morningside Elementary School, Springdale Park Elementary School, Inman Middle School and Grady High School.
Please join us in celebrating Independence Day by becoming a parade sponsor. Sponsors and participants will reach the approximately 700+ neighborhood families associated with the Virginia-Highland Morningside Parent Association as well as the approximately 130 families on the parade route.
(One) Title Sponsor* $1,000
- Lead banner in parade
- Can also build lead float or participate as lead marchers in parade
- Listed as “Sponsor of Virginia-Highland and Morningside Independence Day Parade” in all promotional parade materials**
- Targeted advertisement for up to two promotions, e.g. offer or discount, to VHMPA members during the year via the VHMPA’s online web forum
- Ad in two VHMPA newsletters
Community Sponsor* $500
- Opportunity to create a unique float/marching group or to sponsor one of the community groups marching in the parade (logo on banner) OR sponsor an end of parade activity
- Listed as participating sponsor in all promotional parade materials**
Parade Sponsor* $100
- Opportunity to march in the parade or to create a unique float/marching group
- Listed as participating sponsor in online parade materials
Thank you for making the parade an event our community looks forward to for years to come!
Parade Application due by June 17, 2016.
* VHMPA is a 501c4 organization and therefore contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes as charitable contributions.
** If sponsorship is confirmed prior to materials being published.
Parade entry applications are all subject to approval by parade committee.